Pages

Saturday 24 October 2009

The Golf Geek goes mobile!

Alright, so it's only the second post (and the first that isn't just a title) but I'm excited. I thought my posts would have to come from my computer, and was concerned that I would struggle to shift Mrs Geek's fingers from Bejewelled Blitz on the laptop. The fact I can do it from my phone massively increases my chances of keeping this up.

Managed a range session today, my first since Master Geek was born some 6 weeks ago. My delight was slightly decreased by Mrs Geek spending a bit longer than anticipated at the supermarket but managed to offset this by wangling 50 free range balls entirely by accident. Then got onto the range to find driving rain and a wind so fierce that it took my 5 iron to reach a green 110yards into the wind. While I'm not the longest hitter with my irons I can generally rely on another 40-70 yards with this club...

Was glad the balls were free, ended up doing scrape and hit, a habit I must get out of, but today was not the day for standing thoughtfully behind the ball before going through a full pre shot routine. I was glad to get out, and I think it's probably best to leave it at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment