Pages

Friday 1 January 2010

Goals for 2010

The first of January does seem a good time to record some goals.
This year I want to:

1.Break 90
2.Play in medals
3.Be in contention in a competition
4.Drop handicap by 4 strokes to 24

This may be tricky, Miss Geek and Master Geek are 3.5 years and 3.5 months old respectively, and my golf cannot be at their expense. Not only do I not want this, the fragrant but no nonsense Mrs. Geek would never allow it. However, I got a number of training aides for Christmas, and I will continue to work on short game, putting and flexibility over the winter and try to get out as much as possible over the summer after the kids in bed. I'm working on a number of things in mental game and through Vision54 I've looked hard at how to practice; they also have an online mentoring program that I'm a member of, and I'm goign to use this to track rounds, stats etc.
I'm taking part in the #TTUC, the Twitter Trim Up Challenge, which I'm going to use to help motivate me to do the Yoga and Muscle workouts in Wii Fit & Wii Fit+.

Plenty to be going on with then. As if that wasn't ambitious enough, my ultimate goal is to try to get to scratch, to allow me to attempt to qualify for the senior open, and perhaps even to take part in qualifying for The Open Championship. I have 25 years for this last, with 60 being the limit. The goal is obviously not to be competetive, but to play a part in the oldest and most prestigious of golf championships.

I've also become very interested in the mental game of golf, and this is a thread I'm going to pick at to see where it ultimately leads.

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment