Pages

Sunday 19 September 2010

Balance

I found myself taking a bit of a break this week for a number of reasons. We had friends staying over on Friday night, and I wasn't able to get a tee time after 12. I could have headed down to the first tee after they left, trying to squeeze in with a group from one of the 2 other clubs that play the course as anyone can sign a card, but I found myself ambivalent to this at best. I could have tried Keith, but the burning desire that's usually pushing me to play if at all possible just wasn't there. It's particularly unusual as not only was I working last weekend, I'm also working next weekend.

Perhaps, though, it's not that surprising. I've been thoroughly obsessed with golf for some time now, and I've achieved almost all of my season's goals. Given that, it's probably a natural time for a wee break. It'll let my desire build up again, give me some time at the range as I strive to squeeze in my golf "fix" & there's always the 6-hole course the odd night after work. I'm going to finish my current golf book, then perhaps read a couple of novels just for fun.

It won't be a complete break, as golf is too firmly embedded in my life for that to happen. I'll keep working on my putting & my chipping in the downstairs hall (the latter with Almost Golf balls, natch), keep doing my stretches and will continue to use my "Golfer Within" mental skills toolkit hypnosis/NLP before bed. What there will be is more balance. And that can't be a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Geek,

    Balance is a biggie. I am lucky enough to be able to raise my own children. Wife is school teacher so she has summers off and my work is mostly summer based so I've been blessed to have that balance all along.

    As my kids get older I become more and more grateful for it.

    JG

    ReplyDelete