Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Please have a look at...

A few interesting posts from some of my readers; I really need to update my blogroll, but while I'm getting around to it, please have a look at:

John Graham's Golf Blog; never afraid to be gently controversial, he's a thinker who likes to back up his theories with science and statistics, something too few in golf are keen to do. He's a feel based coach, but he's fascinated by the science behind the feel leading him to be a very knowledgeable and expert coach. Have a look at his posts on AimPoint Golf (and also the D-plane if you're technically minded) He's been instrumental in my blogging, as he really picked up on my first few tentative tweets that I'd posted and encouraged me to continue. Indeed, he's frequently exhorting me to "keep up the good work". I never thought I could have a mentor that I'd never met and that lived in the States, but that's exactly what's happened. Have a look at a recent post from the AMF conference, and another on how he feels golf professionals can benefit from Social Media (first in a series).

He clearly has an eye for talent too (& no, I don't mean me) as his blog also hosts the inspirational and thought provoking writing of Andy Morrison, a former golfer who's career was cut short by injury, he's found a way to share his passion and expertise. Another man I've come to see as a mentor, he offers online coaching at an unbelievably low price. This is about to go up next week, so if you like what you read here, here and here* (and I think you might), get in touch with him now (info@progolfmindcoach.co.uk).

Michael Landgrebe of Confident Golf has also been very helpful. He doesn't seem to have content up at present, but I will keep you posted.

Don't forget 3 good shots for a daily email reminder of your best shots, and now a daily round up of golfing info.

Last, but by no means least, have a wee look at the blog of the Professional Sport Psychology Symposium, particularly this one on golf and how to practice for it.



*in case you're wondering, The Golf Geek has been certified Smiling Assassin Free.
Also, I make absolutely nothing from my reccomendations. The people mentioned above have been very encouraging and helpful but have NOT offered any financial support. This geek's goodwill can't be bought (not that anyone's tried ;-) so you can be confident that these reccomendations are genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment