Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

The Last Post

This will be my last post on this blog.

I should be writing with heavy heart.

This is my last post on my first blog.

This blog started with a couple of nervous, "hello world" type posts, then became a journal where I chronicled my progress.

It then grew in to something unexpected when I started to record what I noticed as I learned. I'd tied it in to my account on Twitter, and was amazed and delighted by the response from my friends online.

I started to write more and more often, to learn more about effective writing and to think about what could be achieved.

The more I researched, however, it dawned on me that I hadn't perhaps chosen the best platform. I'd opted for Blogger because I'd heard of it, and because my brother had a blog here. But looking around, it became clear other, bigger blogs were using other software. Most blogs were on self hosted sites, and running something called Wordpress.

Now, you don't have to use Wordpress to have a successful blog. PostSecret, for example, is a massive blog which uses Blogger. But with most of the big blogs using Wordpress, simple market economics suggest Wordpress will have the most features and plug-ins available. 

As the blog has grown, so too has my desire. It's a serious ambition of mine to coach the mental aspects of golf, but with the limitations of this blog I just didn't think it would be viable.

So I gave it up.

Jacked it in.

No more Golfgeek at blogspot.com.

No more Dr Geek?

Quite the opposite, I'm delighted to say.

I'm back blogging...and on my own site.

Please click on over to DrGolfGeek.com  for more questions, insights and even the odd song parody.

Worried about missing the best content from this site? Don't be. I have a FREE eBook which takes the best content from this blog, updates it and bundles it up with some rather wonderful new content...and it's YOURS for the princely sum of your email address. 


If I were looking to sell it, I'd be charging $9.95...but instead it's available FREE to anyone who signs up for my newsletter. If you sign up, it's yours to keep...even in the unlikely event of you deciding to unsubscribe. 

So what are you waiting for? Head on over to DrGolfGeek.com and have a good look around!

No comments:

Post a Comment