Pages

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Putting practice

...So many games, so many ways to train. I've been working on a straight putts between two long thin cylinders set two balls apart, then hit between without touching, and also using PuttPucks as a rebound tool. Hit it from 3-4 feet and try to have ball coming directly back to you (ie no push or pull).

My current favorite is one from the Instinctive Golf Team- Putting Stack- very similar to Dr Joe Parent's game to develop touch, except in reverse- set up three markers. All balls must go from the first marker to between the two others. The first should be as close as possible to the back marker, and all subsequent balls must be behind this, not touching or overlap whilst being further on than the second marker. I made it more difficult tonight by increasing the gap between first two markers but this didn't prevent me smashing my precious record of 6.

Happy days! But ask me after the medal......

No comments:

Post a Comment